welcome to your new home
whether you're transferring from a two-year or four-year college, washburn university is the right place for you to continue your education and pursue your dreams. we have a proud tradition of making the transfer process easy, and you'll enjoy the individual attention, outstanding academics and convenient learning options.
the office of admissions is committed to supporting all incoming students during the covid-19 outbreak. learn more.
more reasons to choose washburn
- you can choose from 200 academic programs.
- you will work closely with dedicated, caring faculty. our student-to-faculty ratio is 12:1, so you'll receive one-on-one attention.
- you will have the opportunity to experience our vibrant campus life, which includes more than 130 student organizations and dozens of events.
- you will have access to a number of internships in the capital city of topeka, a hotbed for internships.
- you will discover that we have a simplified application and credit transfer process.
how your credits transfer
- most students are able to transfer all of their general education courses from regionally accredited institutions.
- major-specific credit transfers are determined by individual departments at washburn. contact a transfer counselor to learn more.
- check out our extensive list of courses frequently transferred to washburn or use our self-service option to see how your credits might transfer to washburn.
- official evaluations are processed by the university registrar's office after you have been admitted to washburn university and submitted all final official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
take a tour of campus and check out what it's like to be an ichabod!
from tours of parts of campus to day-in-the-life looks we've got lots of options for you to check out campus from home.
how to apply
- complete an admissions application.
- submit official transcripts from each post-secondary school where you’ve taken courses for credit.
- pay a one-time, non-refundable $20 application fee
- submit official high school transcripts and act scores** (only if you’ve taken less than 24 credit hours)
**while act scores are not required for admission if you’re over 21 years of age, it may be helpful to send them or take a placement exam when choosing courses.
get in touch with admissions
washburn university admissions
1700 sw college ave.
topeka, ks 66621
Phone & Email